Domains can be listed in the Texas A&M Domain Name System (DNS) and managed in Infoblox.
Texas A&M Information Technology supports registration of domains outside of the .edu top level domain as long as they meet the following criteria:
- Faculty and staff who request a domain must be sponsored by a department in Texas A&M University System.
- Students who request a domain must be sponsored by the department of Student Activities.
- The head of the sponsoring department must sign and date a memo that confirms the sponsoring department accepts responsibility for the domain and that hosting the domain is in line with the mission of the university.
- Domains must be managed and supported by Texas A&M IT on the campus DNS servers.
- Requester must cover all fees related to the registration of the requested domain.
See the Request
tab for detailed information on how to request a domain.